Monday, May 12, 2014

Birthday Brow Miracle and Some Theraderm Too

Hi guys, thanks for coming back.

I don’t think I have written about my horrible brow experience as well as my daily brow misery.  I have been getting my brows done at the closest nail shop, you know the one on every corner, for years.  I have never been good at tweezing, waxing, filling in and shaping my brows, ever.  So after years of frustration I decided a couple of months ago I would pay the $20.00 fee charged at the Ulta brow bar.  I assumed that this would be what I had been missing in my brow routine and I would come out looking like a normal women with really great brows.  Assumptions are dangerous and this one was as well.  The young lady didn’t have anyone in her chair and I hadn’t made an appointment so I asked if she had time.  She said sure and sat me down.  Not 1 minute later a lady approaches and says “Hey I’m here!”  Apparently I had been worked in during the 3 minute break between clients.  Whirlwind wax and pluck and out the door.  I wasn’t asked if I wanted any specific shape or if I needed any help with what I was using at home, nothing.  I had even brought my Urban Decay Brow Box along with every brow pencil I owned just to get some education.  The education came from the look of my brows afterwards.  I had a huge gap in the arch of my right brow along with no real shape to the other parts of my brows. 

I decided to let my brows grow out.  I had been reading in a ton of beauty blogs that it was the thing to do, start fresh.  Over the last 3 months that is just what I’ve done, I couldn’t take it anymore and decided it was time.  My question was where do I go?  There is the nail places, Ulta (different location than last time), random beauty shop or the girl in the mall who does the threading.  As you already know I served time in prison and I have a deep understanding of threading, it hurts!  So I asked around at Sephora, they recommended the girl who does the threading, I asked at the Mac counter in Belk, Jackpot!  The two girls who work there knew a girl who used to work there.  So I said sounds good, best idea I had heard all day.

I was given the cell phone number of an aesthetician who had worked at Mac a few years ago and was currently working in a local beauty studio.  I made my appointment for the next day and off I went.  Sarah Crisp is a slender built, young lady with big beautiful eyes and a glow that just lets you know its all ok.  This was going to be perfect.  She had a great little room, dimmed light and a table to lay down on.  I laid down, shut my eyes and we just talked.  She asked me what I wanted in regards to my brows and I told her all about my journey that brought me to her.

Sarah put me at ease and the conversation was very pleasant.  She told me she had tinted my brows because they were so light and it would last a week or so.  She waxed and plucked for over 30 minutes.  She told me to sit up so she could see them while I was upright.  She plucked one here and one there.  She was finished, she handed me the mirror. 

I’m not sure why I am so emotional about eye brows, I cried.  Tears streamed down my face as I looked in the little mirror, these were tears of joy.  They are beautiful, absolutely perfect!  Brushing my brows out is now my favorite part of my makeup routine.  I will visit her monthly to keep them looking perfect and the bonus is that she wants to help with the nonprofit. 

Just like most, Sarah has been touched by addiction, her best friend has almost a year clean as well as an ex-boyfriend.  She offered her services as well as gift certificates we can auction off or sell for profit.  I believe God puts people in your path for a reason.  Sometimes we are unsure of the reason but this one is so clear.
If you are in my area and you would like to have Sarah’s contact information you may contact me and I will be very happy to pass it on to you.  She is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee and is a licensed aesthetician preforming facials as well.  I can’t wait to go back for my hour of pampering.  The brow service was $15.00 and worth so much more.
clip_image001
I finished my travel size Theraderm products and I bought another travel size so I could continue using it, I’m still not sure enough to jump in for the entire $150.00 full size system.  This time instead of the regular moisturizer I got the peptide hydrator to see if that might make a difference.  I’m not sure I am very happy with the results from use of the Theraderm system.  I have been using it every day for 7 weeks.  In the last 2 weeks I have begun using it twice a day.  Because it is a fruit acid exfoliate I have decided to go back to only once a day.  I picked up the Ole Henriksen 3 little wonders from Sephora on Friday.  I decided to add something hoping it will boast my results.  I also will have medical insurance in the next 30 days and look forward to seeing a dermatologist.
clip_image002
I believe I will give the Theraderm only until I finish this travel size.  I only got the small size of the Ole Henriksen 3 little wonders so I will also give it until I finish them as well.

Thank you so much for reading my blog.  The nonprofit is really coming together.  Everyone I speak to about it really believes it is a great idea and offers to help where they can.  I hope to post a poll as to the name here soon.

Much Love and God Bless,

KelleyJo

Twitter @kelleyjo3334
Instagram @kelleyjojo333
Facebook @Kelley.lively
Pintrest @Kelleyjo333
LinkedIn Kelley Lively


No comments:

Post a Comment