Saturday, March 22, 2014

What a disappointment

I had told you guys in my previous post about the Urban Decay Hautelook event, I was not thrilled with the choices of products.  The one primer potion is the one called Greed. This is the only one in their line that you can find most days at Ulta for the same price.  The reason for this,  it's got shimmer.  You can make this work, I do.  When I picked this up at Ulta for $10, I was over the moon. Then I got home and figured out the shimmer secret. There isn't anything on the tube that says it contains shimmer.  It is called Greed and if you know what that means in Urban Decay speak your golden. This old girl did not.

To use the Urban Decay primer potion Greed..
Use the eyeshadow primer as you would with any eyeshadow primer.  To hide the shimmer, since I am 40 years old and have hooded eyes, I don't use shimmer all over my lids. 
 I use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in milk and put a light coating from lash line to crease.  I then blend it out making it even carrying it up right under my brow bone. This gives me the benefit of using this awesome eyeshadow primer for half the cost and zero shimmer.

By no means am I saying anything negative about Hautelook. If you can wait for shipment it is the holy grail of bargain buy websites. I have the app on my phone and I look ahead at up coming events. I use the app daily. If it is an event I want to get something from I make sure I log on when the event starts. There are limited product inventory and I have logged on 30 minutes into an event to see a sold out banner across the product I was looking for. 

Enjoy this wonderful Saturday guys. I am off to work a double. Don't forget about the Ulta 21 days of beauty steals, today is Philosophy foundations for $25 each, as well as free brow wax when you spend $50 on Benefit products. They are also having a ton of other in store and online events. 

Much love and God bless,

Kelleyjo

No comments:

Post a Comment