Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Favorites

I know, I know I’m a few days late with the March favorites but here they are...

I haven't really mentioned it here because I wanted this to be just beauty related things, but I was able to quit smoking last September by way of the electronic cigarette or Vapor is what I would rather call it. It is in no way a cigarette even though it is a nicotine delivery device. I have never been able to quit smoking as easily as I was able to with this device. I have immersed myself into the vapor world and I have met some really great people. I have had people in the Facebook group I belong to send me nicotine juice and batteries along with other things needed for vaping. I believe these people who are wanting law and strict regulations on these products are just plain nuts. Hundreds of thousands of smokers have been able to quit. We don't want kids to use these devices or start smoking. People say it's the flavors, can't I like peaches and bananas? After the 1st week I no longer wanted the juice to taste like a nasty cigarette. So if you are a smoker and you would like information about trying a vapor device please send me a message or email and I will point you in the right direction. That's all i'm going to say about the law in regards to vaping, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's mine and it's not really beauty related but this is one of my March favorites and it was actually free, sent from the wonderful group VHV.


Non Beauty Favorites

So one of my March favorites is a nicotine juice flavor by Strix Elixir called Monkey Stripe. It starts with a sweet licorice flavor and finishes with a yummy smooth banana flavor.


My favorite drink as of lately is the iced Chai Latte. You can sometimes find the liquid by Tazo in the coffee and tea isle at the grocery store. I have also found a sugar free powder at World Market and Trader Joes carries a powder mix also. My wish is for a Organic DIY Chai Tea Kit with Recipes. I have this included in my wish list collection on Luvocracy.



One last thing is favorite song. A little know singer named Courtney Barnett, find her album called A Sea of Split Pea Soup and the song Avant Gardener.  

On to beauty.... 

 I'm not sure if I have already talked about the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette and but I have continued to use it and love it. The shadow is the consistency of butter and they blend effortlessly. The all matte palette works for my 40 year old eye lids very well and I can always add a little shimmer with the Transforming Pearl. My favorite color so far is the soft pink color Soulful. It's just a warm pink, but not pepto pink, more of a warm blanket wrapped around you when you are cold pink, if that makes sense.

Soulful


  
Next it’s something from last year that, like a lot of others, I have found it to be perfect for spring and that is Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. When this came out last Christmas I was already thinking ahead to spring. The pink and gold tone to this entire palette just screams wear me, it’s warm outside. So if you didn't give in to the peer pressure around Christmas let lay some on you now.


 
My next March favorite was a T.J. Maxx find. The big craze now is for oils. There is Argan, Coconut, Maracuja, among others as well as countless oil combos put out by every brand in the business. Hey I love them; I have dry skin so I soak them up. Most that I’ve found are very expensive. I always look through the beauty section at the Maxx and I have found some real treasure. A couple of weeks ago I found a Two Faced Long Steamed Lashes for $7.99, wow. That wasn't the favorite though, it was a small pump spray bottle of 100% pure Argan Magic oil but wait its better, it was $4.99. If you have a T.J. Maxx I recommend highly stopping in to take a peek at the beauty corner. It doesn't usually constitute a department.  I've looked online and apparently they just don’t carry any beauty products there. So go find one, be happy…

I swear it looked like so much more when I typed this into Word but that's all I have. With the exception of my pay check that the owner of the business I worked at has decided not to give me. It’s a week behind tomorrow. I filed the paperwork with the local labor board yesterday, so we shall see. I would just ask that you all pray for him to find it in his heart to pay me my little $7.25/hr check and of course pray for him because there is something very wrong in his life that he would do this to someone that depends on it. 

Thanks to all of you, you don’t know what it means that you take the time to read what I have to say. Have a wonderful and a beautiful April!!!

Much Love and God Bless,
Kelleyjo



2 comments:

  1. Loving the IT Naturally Pretty Matte palette too and Soulful happens to be the color I use the most of--it's just perfect in my crease. Too bad about the job situation. It their loss that you're no longer there. Hope the labor department is able to get you a quick resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much @inthemiddle, your well wishes mean so much to me. Haven't heard anything back from the labor dept. but they can't make him pay me but a friend said they usually produce a check after being contacted. They can fine him a pretty hefty fine. Have a wonderful weekend, I will post something new soon.

      God Bless

      Delete