Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Polish, I'm sold!

Hi guys, thanks for coming back.

So I just wanted to make a quick post about this polish. As many of you know I am moving and the next week is going to be insane. My husband starts work on Thursday at his new job, yeah hubby!

20140429_125327

So I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and I just wanted to pick up a cheap polish to welcome the spring weather and to see if the one I pick would survive a move. Well I'm still on the move part but I have to say I am impressed with the polish. I have never used or bought a Wet N Wild nail polish and when I was considering how much I was spending, the $1.68 price tag had a huge influence. I have only recently been informed of the quality of Wet N Wild. With the enormous amount of vloggers and bloggers it’s a never ending stream of information. After a few years of watching and reading I have narrowed it down to my most reliable reporters of the beauty news and I have mentioned them often here. EmilyNoel83 talks often of how good the quality is of this brand and she is one of my top picks for trusted and reliable information.

20140429_004930

Last week I picked up one of the trios from Wet N Wild, Walking on Eggshells and I loved it. For the price you just couldn’t beat the pigmentation and blendability. So when I ran across the polish I thought why not, its $1.68, give her a go. I chose the Megalast in #206C, Undercover, a lovely pinkie mauve. The first thing I noticed was the sticker on the lid telling me the brush was a ManiCurve Pro Brush. I had not seen one of these but I think I remember reading about them briefly. This made application so much easier. It is more flat that your traditional polish application brush. It lays on the nail better and the 3 stroke application is just much more natural. It also left no streaks and I really didn’t have to go back over any more than once.

So I applied I coat, because it was very opaque and it didn’t seem to need a second. I wanted to avoid thick layers because I thought it would do better during the move. I topped it with Sally Hansen Dries Instantly 30 Second Top Coat. I was sure to brush it across the tip to give it a good seal to prevent chipping, gave it a good 20 minutes to dry for good measure and went about my evening.

24 hours and 50 boxes later and it looks as good as it did last night after I put it on.

20140429_221706

It’s really hard to impress me but this stuff really does. I change my polish almost every 3 days except when I take Tati’s recommendation for the gel polish top coat. If you don’t know about it follow the link and find out, it will make a huge difference. I didn’t do the gel top coat with this so it is doing it all alone and it is doing a great job.

I will be back hopefully early next week with something new. My program Makeup for a 2nd Chance is taking off so fast guys. I intend to help as many women as possible and I will need your help to do it. Stay tuned!!! I also want to give a quick shout out to all my new twitter followers. Would love to include you in that list, use the link below. I’m doing a better job a tweeting more often.

Much Love and God Bless,

KelleyJo

Twitter @kelleyjo333420140429_231118

Instagram @kelleyjojo333

Facebook @Kelley.lively

Pintrest @Kelleyjo333

LinkedIn Kelley Lively

BTW, excuse my lack of a good mani!!

No comments:

Post a Comment